One of my favorite combinations are fresh herbs and fish, and this fresh pesto baked salmon is no exception!
What Makes this Fresh Baked Pesto Salmon so Flavorful?
The fresh herbs and parmesan from my easy fresh basil pesto are the key to this recipe. Baking the salmon in the oven melts the cheese and binds the basil and garlic with the fish. The olive oil also oozes into the salmon and spreads the flavors of the pesto into the fish.
Salmon cooks quickly, which makes it a great addition to your weeknight meal plans. But it is also rich and buttery, and will rise to the occasion when you are cooking for company.
Health Benefits of Salmon
Salmon is incredibly healthy, and is known to improve your brain and heart health. Some more of its benefits for you include:
- Salmon is one of the few complete sources of Omega-3 fatty acids. This is important because your body can’t produce these important amino acids on its own.
- It is also high in B vitamins and potassium.
- Salmon also has a high protein content, which will help to keep you full for longer.
- It has been linked to improved weight loss.
Using my easy fresh basil pesto, this salmon will be a favorite in your house!
- 4 salmon fillets
- cracked salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp fresh basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 425F. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Using a pastry or basting brush, spread 1 tbsp of pesto over each salmon fillet.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, until the salmon flakes apart easily.
- This salmon is great with rice, or baby tomatoes. I also like to serve with oven roasted tomatoes.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. This makes a great lunch the day after cooking!
- Serving Size: 1 fillet
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
Keywords: salmon, dinner, quick, pesto
The nutrition information provided is an estimate generated using a third party online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.
Show me how this recipe worked for you. Tag @scrambledandscrumptious in your version of this dish for a chance to be featured on Instagram!