This quick and easy tuna pasta will be a family favorite for weeknight meals!
- approximately 12 cups, or 2/3 of a pot of water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 200g bucatini noodles
- 1 can of tuna packed in olive oil (do not drain)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (approximately 1 pint), halved
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or more, to taste)
- 3 cups fresh spinach, ripped into bite sized pieces
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp chopped parsley, for serving
- Fill a large pot 2/3 full with water, add salt and bring to a boil. Add pasta to boiling water and cook to al dente according to pasta package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet on medium and add oil from the can of tuna when the pan is hot. Add garlic and cherry tomatoes and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Flake tuna with a fork and add to the skillet. Add spinach and red pepper flakes and cook until spinach is wilted, approximately 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Once pasta has cooked, add 3 tsp of pasta water to skillet and mix well. Drain pasta and add to the skillet and combine with the tuna and vegetables.
- Add parmesan cheese to the skillet, add cracked salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Serve with an additional sprinkle of parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Leftovers taste even better the next day. Save in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave for an easy lunch!
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 197mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
Keywords: Quick, Pasta, Low Calorie, Dinner, Grains and Starches